16 Jun How to provide 3rd party access to your Google My Business account
Providing 3rd party access to your Google My Business account is a straight forward process and gives users more control over things like opening hours, holiday hours, photo uploads and responding to reviews.
It is not uncommon for someone else or an agency such as ours to create your Google My Business listing for you on your behalf and up until now there may have been no reason for you to even require access to the main console.
The good news is, the ownership and permissions of most of the Google services are able to be transferred and the best way to do that is to provide 3rd party access so business owners can login using their own personal user accounts.
Once someone has been invited, they are generally given access as well as certain permissions that let them control various features on the listing. You will need to have a Google account to gain access and inviting 3rd party’s is a reasonably straight forward process.
Provide 3rd party access to your Google My Business account
If you were the person who created the listing and you want to provide 3rd party access to someone else, simply follow the instructions below.
1) Sign in to Google My Business. If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
2) On the left, click Users.
3) At the top right, click Invite new users Invite new users.
4) Enter the name or email address of the user you’d like to add.
Note: If you’re adding an agency to your location, you’ll need to add the agency’s location group ID here. (You may need to reach out to the agency and ask for this ID.)
5) To select the user’s role, click Choose a role and then Owner, Manager, or Site manager.
6) Click Invite. Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become users. This page displays all active users, as well as people who have been invited to become users. To cancel pending invitations, click X in the row with the invitation you want to remove.
You can find more detailed information on how to add and remove listing owners and managers here.
Gaining access from an existing owner
First you will need to provide the owner of the Google My Business listing with the email address you use to login to your Google account.
The owner of the listing will then add you to the account and an invitation will be sent to your email address where you can accept the invitation.
This means you can now access your Google My Business account by simply logging into you own Google account and accessing your listing.